November 13, 2017

Journal Update



Well I had a terrible, horrible, very bad weekend.

Started out with waking up on Saturday to RJ vomiting!

My sister, Sarah, is getting married this Saturday, November 18th, 2017. I usually make the candies for all the families weddings. Since my kids are older now, they have been helping me make them. Sarah wanted wedding bells and roses. Most the family has always wanted roses, we have made sunflowers, and lilies in the past before too...but most want roses, so we had plenty of rose molds for those. But, I only had a few wedding bell molds, so I decided to go out and buy some more so the kids could help me make them too. Thankfully we already have the rose candies, and pretty buckeyes made. Will be making the wedding bells later today.

Well, on the way to the wedding cake/candy supply store two of our tires blew out! When we called AAA they said we had called too many times this year and we would have to pay for the tow to the shop... so me and the kids got out and walked to the supply store, and Vince slowly drove the van to the shop. Waited many hours as they were really packed and got the tires replaced. Meanwhile my brother came and picked me and the kids up and took us to my dad's house. Hours later, Vince was able to get the tires fixed and come and pick us up again. Where we resumed our shopping for the week.

When we got home Belle told me her mouth was hurting, when I looked in, it did not look good... so told her I would call the dentist on Monday morning. Will come back to this when I get to Monday!

Then Sunday, I had to go visit my mom in the nursing home, because the staff requested a REAL certified marriage licence and not a copy. So we go to pick up my niece from her group home, so she can go and visit them as well... and we barely got out of town, to a town called Mulvane (a hour from the nursing home) and Vince tells me the engine light is on, and saying it's hot, about that time I smell burning too, so I tell him he better pull over.. we pulled over, and smoke and fluid started spewing from the van.... Remember we are out of tows! So I called my dad, and he said he was in a town called Pratt, which is 3 hours away from Mulvane... and his home is in Colwich which is 1 hour away from Mulvane. But, he would try to call around and get some one to help us... my nearest brother was 4 hours away visiting Kansas City, but said he would come and help us... *sigh*... I ended up calling a spiritual brother, Eric, from our congregation, he lives in Wichita, 45 minutes away from Mulvane.. but came and picked up Vince and took him to my dad's house (a hour away).. where Vince was able to get my dad's 9 passenger van and come back and get us all... all in all stuck on the highway with 5 children for 6 hours! Finally was able to get to the nursing home, and by that time I had to figure out what to feed them, as we had left the house at noon, and now it was 8 pm!!! Yeah... awesome.

Came back, called a tow truck, and some how this time got AAA to pay (had Vince's mom call and talk to them, with us on a three way call and some how they decided this time they would!), and got the van maybe towed to the shop. Not sure, as we were going to follow the tow truck, but as he was hooking up the van, he got a police call that he had to go on, and take our van with him, and we were apparently not allowed to go on the police call, and it was already 10 pm, and Vince goes to work at 4 in the morning and we couldn't stay out all night with the police and the tow truck and our van... which ends us back with my sisters wedding, my parents are going to need their 9 passenger van back for the wedding party and such to get around, hoping our 15 passenger van can be fixed asap cause with 5 kids (my 4, plus we are now kind of in charge of my niece in the group home down the street from our house), and car seats are sooo huge now we need a large capacity vehicle to get around... my mom has a 12 passenger van in our drive way, but we have to get the title and such turned over, and with them in the nursing home it's been a mess..... My dad is going to give us a different vehicle to use though, but it won't fit all the kids in it.

Any way, good news is I stayed on my plan and actually lost 2 1/2 pounds this week! Amazing!

Bad news... I called the dentist this morning for Belle, and found out that we owed 200 dollars from the last time we went, which I thought our insurance paid, and apparently didn't, and they won't make a appointment til we pay. I paid right away, but, it will not go into their system that I paid til the 15th.. then I can call back to make a appointment and still will not be able to see her for another 2 weeks!!!!

Yeah... things are going par for the course and really terrible...please pray things get better. I know things are much much worse for many people, but so many things has been happening in our lives the last 3 years, with out let up, that I feel like I can barely catch my breath.. and it's not letting up, and I need a break! And as a added bonus I really really need dental work too, but can't afford it right now. But, it's really bad as well! Also my step fathers insurance has lapsed, I do not have the information to renew it, and the social worker at the nursing home will NOT help me get the information even though she has it! All she wanted was more things from me, like the wedding license and still not going to help me get the information I need for my step fathers stuff, which if I don't get it, I will probably be facing adult protection agency again for adult endangerment... yeah great....

Here's my stats:
Starting Weight: 200
Last Weigh In: 170.5
This Week: 168
Goal Weight: 152-162-Healthy and Happy!

No comments: